FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Access Account Features:
Tools & Support
Here you'll find links to information that will help you manage your account, and build and maintain your website. Use the index on the left hand side of the page to find the topic you're interested in.
Please check our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions - and answers :-) page. Many of your questions will be answered there.
If you don't see the answer you're looking for, contact us. We're here to help you!
Free HTML Editors:
This is not meant to be a complete list. Just a few examples are listed below, enough to get you started :-) Many other great free software programs are available; we recommend a search on download.com.
Text Based or WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get)
- HTML-Kit (Windows)
- HTML Kit is a standards-compliant full-featured free editor for HTML, XHTML, XML, CSS and other common languages. Over 400 plugins are also available for it, including HTML Tidy for creating clean HTML/XHTML pages.
Arachnophilia (Windows, Mac, more.)
- Arachnophilia is a Web development workshop and programming tool. Now a Java program, it will run on virtually any computer.
NoteTab Text Editor and HTML Editor (Windows)
- NoteTab is a leading-edge text and HTML editor. Winner of software industry awards since 1998, this application does it all: it easily handles a stack of huge files; lets you format text to your heart's content; does system-wide searches, and multi-line global replacements. It even corrects your spelling mistakes.
Bluefish (Unix platforms, Mac OS-X)
- Bluefish is a powerful editor for experienced web designers and programmers. Bluefish supports many programming and markup languages, but it focuses on editing dynamic and interactive websites. Open source.
- Nvu - The Complete Web Authoring System for Windows, Macintosh and Linux
- Finally! A complete Web Authoring System for Linux desktop users as well as Microsoft Windows and Macintosh users to rival programs like FrontPage and Dreamweaver. Nvu (which stands for "new view") makes managing a web site a snap. Now anyone can create web pages and manage a website with no technical expertise or knowledge of HTML.
Trellian WebPage (Windows)
- Trellian WebPage allows you to create your own web pages without having to learn complex scripting languages. WebPAGE's WYSIWYG interface makes editing pages as easy as using your favorite word processor.
Amaya (Windows, Unix platforms, Mac OS X)
- Amaya is open source software used to create and update documents directly on the Web. Browsing features are seamlessly integrated with the editing and remote access features in a uniform environment.
Access Account Features:
cPanel Control Panel:
To access your cPanel, use the following URL, but substitute your own domain name for "yourdomain":
Enter the login and password that came in your welcome email. Need help? Give us a call at 800-731-4871
Your Webmail can be accessed in a few different ways:
- Through your cPanel Control Panel
Login with your full email address and password
Your Webstats are available with your control panel (see above). You have your choice of two different statistical programs, recent visitor lists or your raw access logs.
phpMyAdmin is also available from with your cPanel Control Panel (see above). You can also create MySQL databases and setup users from with cPanel.
Free FTP Clients:
- SmartFTP (Windows)
- Free (for non-commercial use) secure FTP client for Windows. Very nice!
FTP Commander (Windows)
- FTP Commander is simple and easy to use ftp client. It's really the bare minimum with no extra frills or thrills.
Cyberduck (Mac OS X)
- Cyberduck is an open source FTP and SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfer) browser licensed under the GPL with an easy to use interface, integration with external editors and support for many Mac OS X system technologies such as Spotlight, Bonjour, the Keychain and AppleScript.
Free SSH (Secure Shell) Clients:
- PuTTY (Windows)
- A Free Telnet/SSH Client. Very popular choice, also open source.
- MacSSH is a Macintosh open-source Telnet Terminal emulation application with SSH2 protocol.
Free Graphics Software:
- GIMP (Mac, Windows, more)
- GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages.
Google Picasa (Windows)
- Picasa is software that helps you instantly find, edit and share all the pictures on your PC. Every time you open Picasa, it automatically locates all your pictures (even ones you forgot you had) and sorts them into visual albums organized by date with folder names you will recognize. Picasa also makes advanced editing simple by putting one-click fixes and powerful effects at your fingertips. Very nice!
Learn CSS (Cascading Style Sheets):
PHP, MySQL, Perl